Sabbatical Leave Program Statement
An application for sabbatical leave shall be submitted through appropriate channels to the Chancellor. Sabbatical leaves are not granted as a matter of individual right. Leaves are accorded to individuals in good standing to enable them to further their research or other creative activities and in doing so, to enhance their service to the University. The application form shall be accompanied by a statement providing in detail the following information:
- A brief history of the project, from inception through progress to date and projection as to completion date. This history shall include a description of the applicant’s preparation and any significant contributions already made in the field of activity with which the project is concerned.
- Significance of the project as a contribution to knowledge, to art, to a particular profession, or as an expected contribution to the applicant’s increased effectiveness as a teacher and scholar.
- Name(s) of the location(s) or institution(s) where the project will be carried out, and the names of colleagues, if any, with whom it will be conducted.
- Assurances of cooperation, or authorization to conduct the project, received from individuals, institutions, or agencies.
- Description of all financial support expected during the sabbatical leave for professional activities, except as provided in APM - 025 and APM - 670. Description of any fellowship, grant and/or government-sponsored exchange lectureship. Description of any proposed arrangement under which the appointee would receive additional salary for research in accordance with APM - 740-18-c, any associated intellectual property-related issues, and actions proposed to assure that all obligations under the University intellectual property policies are preserved.